The Payroll Specialist is responsible for:
1. receiving and keying all temporary personnel payroll, deductions, reimbursements
2. verifying accuracy of time submitted and distributing to field staff offices
3. customer service to field offices regarding payroll related issues
4. processing child support, medical support and employment verification documents and entering appropriate deductions.
• Receives payroll information via timesheets
• Review, process and enter wage garnishments timeclocks, e-solutions or other sources of and levy information. customer-approved documentation.
• Answer telephone to provide desired
• Accurately keys all payroll related data necessary information for field office staff. to process temporary employee paychecks.
• Maintain records to ensure completeness and
• Research and resolve payroll/system issues and accuracy. problems.
• Verify accuracy of information received.
• Participate in field staff training sessions.
• Enter direct deposit information. successful operation of Surge.
• Review, process and enter child support and medical support paperwork and deductions.
• All other duties that may arise to ensure
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• At least 1 year of previous customer service or information or equipment are located. appropriate business experience a plus.
• Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with others
• Problem solving ability.
• Ability to make competent use of work related equipment and materials.
• Ability to shift back and forth between two or more tasks
• Cooperative, team oriented, patient, calm under pressure, and able to work independently.
• Ability to remember information (e.g., policies, procedures) or find it as needed.
• Strong PC skills and the ability to navigate within the Surge systems is critical.