As a Leader in staffing and workforce solutions for the modern day business, the Surge Staffing is a professional staffing and solutions firm specializing in temporary staffing, permanent placement and workforce management. We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Purchasing Specialist to work in our corporate office located in Columbus, OH.
We are seeking an individual who is motivated and driven for a great opportunity. This person should be able to negotiate and be okay with starting a department with the experience of purchasing and developing processes from the ground up. (This is a newly created position). The Purchasing Specialist is responsible for maintaining purchasing responsibilities for designated vendors, departments and corporate headquarters, as well as providing high level support for the CFO.
Primary Function & Responsibilities:
- Manages vendors to achieve the lowest possible cost and the highest quality products for various promotions or branch transitions
- Ensure contract guideline and protocol is followed for proper documentation and development of all agreements for approved Surge suppliers
- Assist with vendor relations performance, cost effective-measurements and audits. Locate and qualify new vendors for price comparison. Generates cost savings to assure competitiveness and support business growth,
- Promotes changes in processes, approaches, thinking and techniques to keep Surge competitive. Assist with implementation of new systems or processes being implemented by the company or related departments
- Analyzes, develops and recommends plans to take out costs improve competitiveness and fully support business objectives. Uses approved negotiation tools and e-sourcing techniques as appropriate.
- Works closely with appropriate vendors(s) to actively assist with forecasting and inventory management, resolve product or supplier issues, and monitor correct pricing to restaurants
- Verify and post weekly price change files
- Create monthly reports
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school;
- At least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication s kills, both oral and written * Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Excel
- Customer service focus and to be able to work independently
- Multiple project coordination
- Ability to analyze problems & provide solutions
- Strong negotiation skills