As a Leader in staffing and workforce solutions for the modern day business, the Surge Staffing is a professional staffing and solutions firm specializing in temporary staffing, permanent placement and workforce management. We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Training Coordinator to work in our corporate office located in Columbus, OH.
The Training Specialist will assess needs and conduct training in the field for Staffing Specialists and Managers and other office personnel. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of this training and make recommendations for continual improvement.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
- Schedule and conduct classroom training developed by Training Department for Staffing Specialists, Managers and other office personnel as needed.
- Conduct classroom training in a facilitative, as opposed to educative, style and in accordance with adult learning principles.
- Ensure that the training is received in a timely manner according to the policies and procedures established by the Training Department.
- Implement and modify as needed procedures for following up on all training events as well as the measurement of on the job performance and branch performance improvements.
- Collaborate with the manager to establish then implement and track pre and post training procedures/tools for managers of all participants to ensure learning readiness and transfer of learning to the job.
- Match the e-learning products and training schedules to the classroom learning schedules for job specific learning tracks to maximize just in time learning and performance effectiveness.
- Consult with management to identify area specific training concerns and development needs regarding employee’s knowledge, skills, and job performance. Recommend solutions that align with the needs and improve performance and results.
- Educate all management in the assigned region on the effective use of training to reduce unnecessary training expenditures. Ensure the right training for the right person at the right time.
- Communicate with all participants and managers the pre-training event and make sure all pre-work or pre-study for the training class is accomplished.
- Compile regular reports on training and ensure all training records are accurate, complete and up-to-date for corporate learning files.
- Manage and efficiently coordinate training schedules, rooms, equipment and supplies, travel and other expense items to minimize the cost of training.
- Continually learn and develop knowledge of the financial, sales, service and marketing pieces of the operations through digesting direct feedback so that can continually improve the ability to coach, lead and effectively convey those components at a management level of adult learning.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Strong facilitative, group process and presentation skills.
- Self-directed and self-motivated with exhibited sense of urgency in all service related
- Ability to work well with a variety of audiences.
- Good listening, consultative and performance analysis skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel 25-50% or more of the time. Must be able to travel out of
- state to help set up and train new offices.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and follow through.
- PC proficiency in MS Office, including Word and Excel and Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others
- Ability to work with other team members as well as independently
- Cooperative, team-oriented, patient, calm under pressure
- Ability to produce results within an autonomous environment, within company guidelines
- and have the flexibility to identify and respond to changes in priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to advise, counsel, guide and influence the opinions and decisions of others (e.g.
- customers and employees)
- Ability to analyze and evaluate people, data and things to determine courses of action
- Create and maintain a positive professional learning environment