As a Leader in staffing and workforce solutions for the modern-day business, the Surge Staffing is a professional staffing and solutions firm specializing in temporary staffing, permanent placement and workforce management. We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Staffing Specialists to work in our Central Ohio locations.
The Staffing Specialist is responsible for: 1) delivering high quality service to customers and temporaries by matching skills of temporaries to customer needs, 2) developing and retaining business by providing outstanding customer service, and 3) performing a variety of administrative tasks that support the overall mission of quality performance and service.
- Obtain detailed assignment information from customers and utilize it to provide effective customer service
- Interview and assess applicants using the Performance Selection System to evaluate their qualifications for assignments.
- Administer the training of temporary employees to upgrade their skills for assignments
- Fill customer work orders with qualified temporaries by gauging their skill level and reassigning as needed.
- Manage/Monitor temporary employee attendance and performance using the phone and performance surveys.
- Conduct and resolve investigations that may arise from complaints of customers and temporary employees up to and including termination.
- Coach and counsel temporaries to ensure quality performance and job satisfaction.
- Implement company award programs to recognize the good performance of temporaries
- Conduct outside service calls to ensure quality customer service and expand business
- Conduct outside service calls to reactivate inactive customer accounts
- Make skill sourcing telephone sales calls to acquire new business
- Present e-solutions, iforce assessments and training programs to customers in order to secure or maintain their business
- Present On-site, Vendor Management and Payroll consulting services to appropriate customers in order to secure or maintain their business
- Recruit and manage temporary employees to form a pool of applicants for high demand skill areas
- Answer telephone to provide desired information for customers and temporaries
- Maintain customer and temporary employee records to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Follow company policies and procedures for all staffing and customer activity
- Complete company reports to log the week's sales/service activities
- Must maintain 1500 billable hours
- All other duties that may arise to ensure successful operation of the company
- Assess candidates suitability based on knowledge of clients’ needs and culture.
- Conduct Performance reviews.
- Ability to reassign
- Manage temporary employees.
- Process and assist with unemployment claims of temporaries as directed by the Unemployment Department staff
- Complete Workers' Compensation, insurance, accident and OSHA forms of temporaries as instructed by the Workers Compensation Department staff
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some college coursework or equivalent business experience preferred
- At least 1-2 years previous customer service or appropriate business experience a plus
- Ability to access areas where needed people, information or equipment are located
- Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to make competent use of work related equipment and materials
- Ability to remember information (e.g., policies, procedures) or locate resources to find information as needed
- Ability to travel to various locations (e.g., customer sites, other company offices) as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with others
- Ability to work with other team members as well as independently
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more tasks
- Cooperative, team-oriented, patient, calm under pressure
- Ability to arrange things in certain order (e.g., alphabetically, numerically)
- Ability to produce results within an autonomous environment, within company guidelines and have the flexibility to identify and respond to changes in priorities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to all clients (customers and employees)
- Ability to advise, counsel, guide and influence the opinions and decisions of others (e.g. customers and employees)
- Ability to analyze and evaluate people, data and things to determine courses of action
Equal Opportunity Employer
Surge is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. Surge is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at 614-388-0403.